Monday, September 17, 2012

6 weeks

 
Six weeks has been a big turning point for me.  The first month I honestly didn't know how I was going to balance this new baby, my job, our home and my baby-daddy. There have been many breakdowns, many sleepless nights and many times I was crying right there along with Charlie. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed. Babies are HARD, people. And this is coming from someone [who thought] they were more prepared than ever and who has wanted a baby since she was twelve—
I think there was one point around three weeks where I considered returning him to the hospital.

Thank goodness I didn't because this week I have fallen hard for this little turkey.  He has definitely changed our lives, and although this is the hardest thing i've ever done-it is the best thing I have ever done.  I feel so blessed to be his mom and munch on him whenever I want.
 
I love you, Charlie boy.


"Hooray! I slept 6 hours last night!"

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Erin! Found your blog. :) -- Babies ARE hard! Especially your first I think. It's a big adjustment to all the sudden have this tiny human to take care of, and everything is on his schedule! Not to mention it's a million times harder to leave the house with him and all the stuff you have to take with you to take care of him in tow. It's quite the transition, this thing called parenthood. Just last night I was complaining about how unfair it is for women, that all men have to do is help conceive the child (the fun part!), then the woman's body is disfigured for 9 months, ripped apart while getting the baby out, then sucked on for a year to feed the baby! I think we got the short end of the stick on that one! It definitely takes some getting used to. :) But you look so great and hopefully going back to work will give you a sense of normalcy and routine and make things a little better for you. Good luck!

Whitney said...

We love you guys. Hang in there. I'm sure you're an adorable wife and mom.

Zelma said...

So glad to see a picture of the little man..the first one is really the hardest because they really don't come with instructions and who can read their tiny little minds.Hope things are going better now just love him and enjoy the moment.