Friday, September 7, 2012

meet charlie


Charlie Taggart Buie
 7 lbs 6 oz of perfection

Our baby boy was born August 4, 2012.  I get all teary-eyed not only thinking of his birth, but of my entire pregnancy. I loved being pregnant. I loved giving birth. It has been by far the most special, hardest and sacred year of my life.  

After 12 hours of labor this little boy came into the world and changed everything. I was on such an emotional high the whole night that the whole experience became such a blur.  
It wasn't until they wheeled him in at 4 am the next morning to be fed that it really hit me.  The room was really dark and it was just the two of us.  He stared right into my eyes and I lost it.  I couldn’t believe it.  He was looking right at me like he knew me.  I feel so lucky to have had such a wonderful labor and delivery.  And by wonderful, I mean I was crying as we left the hospital. I wanted to hold on to that experience FOREVER.

We are so blessed to have this little but strong spirit in our home (and by strong spirit-I mean this baby has some vocal chords. yowza.)


More pics to come. Let me just get some sleep first...

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Erin
I love this! I have been waiting for pics since Jer told me you delivered. Keep them coming. Congrats on becoming a new mommy.

Lindsey said...

Such a beautiful boy! Congrats on becoming a mommy:) He is precious!

Fausett Family said...

I was just thinking I haven't heard about Erin having her baby. Then I talked to Steph and she said you were doing great. He is so cute and you will be a great mom. Wish I could come see him. I bet your mom is in absolute heaven.

ana said...

Congratulaciones Erin!! He is such a handsome boy!

Ashley Hardison said...

Oh my gosh, I never check my blog and I just stumbled upon this tonight. What a cute little baby! I am so excited for you. I hope everything is going well and you are enjoying every moment because before you know it he will be 6.